By a deed dated September 29th, 1944 the Neighbours’ Hall was conveyed by the trustees of the former owners, the Rev A Pott and Mrs Pott, to the Oxford Diocesan Board of Finance, to hold the Hall on trust as a place of recreation and social intercourse and other similar purposes for the benefit of Great Milton and the surrounding district. The Deed provided that the management and control of the Hall shall be vested in the Great Milton Parochial Church Council, with full power and authority to appoint a committee for the purposes of the administration of the Hall subject to such rules as the Council may prescribe.
This community hall is a wonderful asset both for our village of Great Milton but also for our neighbouring villages (Little Milton, Great Haseley and Little Haseley).
The current Management Committee is Chaired by Tony Jefferis. The Secretary (until end 2017) is Ann Price, Treasurer is Christine Donnelly. Additional members include Hazel Hand, Amanda Garrett, Paul Lawrence, Janet Smith, Yvonne Cartwright, Peter Allen, Simon Cronk, Minna Nieminen and Russell Torrance. Our wonderful caretaker (also until end 2017) is Derek Earl. The Committee meets about four times a year and also holds an AGM to which all are welcome.
Refurbishment is planned in 2018 with related fund-raising to include a Village Dance with the popular Hippy Haze Band as well as another Quiz Night.